We are hiring! Could you be our next Operations Manager?
We have 2 exciting opportunities to join our team. Are you an admin ninja with marketing experience and a love of people? Read on! We are looking for an Operations Manager for Kingham Cottages and an Arts Outreach Project Lead for our schools programme.
Kingham Cottages Operations Manager
Job Title: Operations Manager for Kingham Cottages Ltd
Site address: Kingham Lodge, West End, Kingham OX7 6YL
Salary: £18-20k (dependent on skills and experience)
Contract: 20 hours per week (Mon & Fri to 5pm, further hours on discussion)
Probation: 3 months probation
Leave: 28 days pro rata (bank holidays by separate negotiation)
About the business
Kingham Cottages is a holiday let business in the village of Kingham with 5 short let (turning over Mondays & Fridays) and 3 long let properties (let on an annual basis). Within this family run business the management and maintenance of the properties and their environs is a key part of the role.
Kingham Cottages is looking for an Operations Manager. This role will manage the holiday lets, plan and deliver marketing for the business, co-ordinate activity across the site with the rest of the team, lead for H&S compliance as well as broader business administration. It is a varied role. The manager will be expected to manage their workload to support periodic projects.
This is a part time role that could grow in the future and is based on site with some scope for flexi working. You will be working alongside the owners, but in your own office. You will need to be self-motivated, capable of organising your own workload and working alone, as well as engaging with the wider team.
The role will suit a highly organised and articulate administrator with operational and / or project management experience. Ideally the candidate has marketing knowledge, good social media skills and will be capable of writing engaging blog content. Good telephone manner and written communication skills essential, as are a positive attitude.
Manage Holiday Lets:
- Plan and manage all property maintenance
- Manage bookings using bespoke software
- Communicate with guests and housekeeping
- Maintain information folders in the short-let properties
- Deliver engaging content to sustain current social media audience
- Develop existing social media marketing strategy to grow followers in relevant audiences
- Write blog content and manage website
Health & Safety:
- Ensure the property business is compliant in all areas of H&S pertaining to short and long lets including, but not limited to, the maintenance of boilers, open fires, electrical appliances, pool etc.
- Co-ordinate with other members of the wider team including housekeeping and gardeners as well as liaise with external contractors
- Excellent customer service is required when liaising with guests on site
- Deliver a reliable first point of contact for the business
- Information management
- Office management
- Excellent communication skills with high levels of written English and good telephone manner
- Good knowledge of word and excel
- Proven experience of self-motivation and excellent office management / administrative skills
- Proven experience of engaging with people, i.e. experience in customer service
- Current knowledge of social media platforms, ideally through Business Suite
- Evidence of long form writing (either in blog or similar format)
- Flexible nature and ‘can do’ attitude to tackle tasks and projects as required
- Operational and / or project management experience
- Working knowledge of editing WordPress websites
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th July. Interviews will take place with a view to starting the job by September.